Quality controls are carried out in our fully equipped, modern laboratory. Each batch of coffee that comes through HKI is checked before and after processing.
- Samples drawn from each bag and checked for quality
- Samples are tested in the lab for moisture and cupped to ensure quality
- Beans are tested to ensure that caffeine levels are less than 0.1% and moisture levels are less than 12%
- Beans are cupped to ensure a clean product
- Certificate of Analysis is prepared
Processed beans are only released to the warehouse for bagging when the final product has passed the various checks.